LaRouche Federalists: End Bailouts Now
Singanas@Texasgulfcoast
2009-03-30 08:32:08 UTC
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle

"The financial bailout scheme released by Treasury Secretary Tim
Geithner this week is an unmitigated disaster, one which will bring
down the Obama Administration—if not reversed. It is the financial
equivalent of giving more crack to junkies, when what they really need
is to be forced to go "cold turkey." The scheme is fundamentally a
continuation—and a significant expansion—of the disastrous policies
implemented by the Bush Administration and its Goldman Sachs Treasury
Secretary Henry Paulson.

"There is no way the President could expect to survive, politically,
from this policy, even in the relatively short term," Lyndon LaRouche
said of the scheme in a statement released yesterday. "First of all,
it is incompetent, it is un-Constitutional, and it will destroy the
United States."

We have said it before, and we will say it again: The bailout scheme
is the greatest financial swindle in history, a policy which is
monstrously corrupt. In the name of saving a bankrupt international
financial bubble, it is bankrupting the United States, economically,
politically, and morally. This is a crime against humanity, and it
must be stopped.

Fraudulent Arguments

The concept of the bailout itself is a fraud, based upon the false
premise that the financial system is "fundamentally sound," suffering
mainly from a "crisis of confidence," in the wake of the "subprime"
debacle. Therefore, what we need to do, the experts insist, is to
inject sufficient Federal funds into the markets to keep them
functioning until everyone calms down, and everything returns to
"normal."

The belief that the system is fundamentally sound and that our
prosperity depends upon reviving it, is the heart of the fraud. Over
the past four decades, we have seen the physical productivity of our
nation destroyed, in favor of the biggest financial bubble of all
time. We transformed our nation from one which produced its wealth by
building things, into a nation which made its money by financial
manipulation. In short, we abandoned the American System in favor of
British-style financial parasitism. That British system, is what has
failed.

Once you buy into the Big Lie of the bailout, all the rest falls
neatly into place. Since we have to save the system, we have to bail
out the banks, and if we have to bail out the banks, we will have to
pay enormous salaries and bonuses to the bankers and derivatives
traders who run the system. God forbid they would leave banking in
favor of becoming greeters at Wal-Mart, or take similar lucrative
positions!

People who disagree with this scheme are dismissed as "populists" who
just don't understand how the system works. As with all the best lies,
there is some truth in that argument. Not everyone who opposes the
bailout does so for serious principled reasons; some do, and others
are just angry that the "fat cats" are getting help, while they are
not. But the fact that some people oppose it for less than lofty
reasons, doesn't make the bailout any less crooked, and certainly
won't make it any more successful.

The point is, we are now spending trillions of dollars to bail out
derivatives and related financial bets that should never have been
allowed in the first place. We were insane to allow the creation of a
financial system based upon derivatives speculation, and we are even
more insane to try to bail that system out, now that it has,
inevitably, blown up.

Rather than compound our mistakes, we should correct them, by shutting
down the derivatives market. Don't bail out derivatives deals—cancel
them! Send the derivatives traders, and the executives and regulators
who allowed them to operate, packing. We don't need you, we don't want
you, and we're darn well not going to subsidize your bonuses.

We, as a nation, shut down the mightiest industrial engine the world
had ever seen, one which gave us the highest standard of living in
history—and for what? This junk! Now it's blown up, and we're supposed
to bail it out so it can blow us up again? That's insane!

The full article is at:
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2009/3613bailouts_destroy_usa.html

Link | Track Replies | Reply to AmericanPatriot

Link | Track Replies | Reply
Raymond O'Hara
2009-03-30 15:25:31 UTC
"***@Texasgulfcoast" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:618392c0-5140-4a67-9b12-***@c9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle

Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will prevent
that and that is why they don't like them.
David H Singanas
2009-03-31 15:51:34 UTC
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle
 Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will prevent
that and that is why they don't like them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for this assessment. I knew LaRouche is authoritarian and not a
Constitutional democrat. This is why he has not established a grass
roots
populist movement the way Ross Perot did in the 1990's.

David H
~~~~~~~~~~
Moishe Oysher
2009-03-31 23:12:49 UTC
Post by David H Singanas
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle
 Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will prevent
that and that is why they don't like them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for this assessment. I knew LaRouche is authoritarian and not a
Constitutional democrat. This is why he has not established a grass
roots
populist movement the way Ross Perot did in the 1990's.
Actually, he hasn't established a grass-roots populist novement because he's
fruitier than a nut cake and most people realize it after listening to him
for about 30 seconds.
Raymond O'Hara
2009-03-31 23:21:54 UTC
Post by Moishe Oysher
Post by David H Singanas
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle
Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will prevent
that and that is why they don't like them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for this assessment. I knew LaRouche is authoritarian and not a
Constitutional democrat. This is why he has not established a grass
roots
populist movement the way Ross Perot did in the 1990's.
Actually, he hasn't established a grass-roots populist novement because he's
fruitier than a nut cake and most people realize it after listening to him
for about 30 seconds.
I miss his old rants when he would buy a half hour of TV time.
"I guarantee when I'm elected president I will declare war on the soviet
union"
the trotskyites have never forgiven leon's murder.

and his rants against the "cabal" henry kissinger , the queen of england and
willi brandt/helmut kohl were things of beauty.

he is the last of the "workers unite , throw off the bosses" revolutionary
fervor types.

he is a hoot.
Stanley Moore
2009-04-01 00:18:00 UTC
Post by Moishe Oysher
Post by David H Singanas
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle
Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will prevent
that and that is why they don't like them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for this assessment. I knew LaRouche is authoritarian and not a
Constitutional democrat. This is why he has not established a grass
roots
populist movement the way Ross Perot did in the 1990's.
Actually, he hasn't established a grass-roots populist novement because he's
fruitier than a nut cake and most people realize it after listening to him
for about 30 seconds.
Isn't he still in prison? That tends to turn folks off his loonier ideas.
Queen Elizabeth as drug lord etc. Take care
--
Stanley L. Moore
"The belief in a supernatural
Joseph Conrad
David H Singanas
2009-04-01 09:41:34 UTC
Post by Stanley Moore
Post by Moishe Oysher
Post by David H Singanas
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
[...]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think Lyndon LaRouche was locked up before the 2000 elections.
I think Clinton did not want him siphoning votes away from the
Democratic candidates. It was Al Gore who gave H. Ross Perot a
civil death in 1992. Perot was another "patriotic populist" who could
have been a spoiler for the Dems.

And yes, their Federalist rhetoric is inspiring and uplifting in the
same
way that the NSDAP captivated Germany. But I think LaRouche
claims descent from a Frankish Kingdom. He once wrote a beautiful
essay about a certain French king who brought about real change.

Cheers, David H
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moishe Oysher
Paroled in '94.
John Gilmer
2009-04-03 01:08:25 UTC
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
"Want to Destroy the U.S.A.? Then Let the Bailouts Continue" By John
Hoefle
Linden LaRouche is the last of the trotskyites.
I agree that some 30 years ago LaRouche was a "Trotskyite." In fact, I met
with a few of his "people" when I lived in Greenboro, NC then. In fact (if
you believe his "people") he was almost a "Stalinist." His people casually
mentioned that they would put certain folks (Liberterians in particular) up
against the wall if they take over.

Since then he has become sort of an "Industrial Policy" type mainstreamer.

It's easy to find some things to agree with. I used to enjoy listeing the
to 1/2 of time he purchased during eash election cycle. I don't remember
hearing him that last few cycles.
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will
prevent that and that is why they don't like them.
The bailouts have propped up businesses that should be been left to go
under. When failed businesses go under the survivors get some elbow room
and can even expand by buying the discounted assets of the failures.

It's hard for any busiess to compete with businesses that can draw on the
full faith and credit of the US government.
Raymond O'Hara
2009-04-03 16:10:51 UTC
Post by ***@Texasgulfcoast
their aim is the destruction of the capitalist system. bailouts will
prevent that and that is why they don't like them.
The bailouts have propped up businesses that should be been left to go
under. When failed businesses go under the survivors get some elbow room
and can even expand by buying the discounted assets of the failures.
It's hard for any busiess to compete with businesses that can draw on the
full faith and credit of the US government.
the bailouts are not to "prop up failed businesses" they are to save the
whole freakin economy.
no bailouts and no survivors. the whole ship is sinking.

as to putting people in front of a wall, that is hardly unique to stalinists
or even communists.